Makeover Assistant
Beauty
Skin > Sun

Sun and Acne

I am aware that sun is harmful to greasy, acne prone skin. Will total block protect my skin sufficiently when I go on holiday? It would be hopeless if I had to keep out of the sun the whole time.

Too much sun is bad for all skin types. Creams and lotions which advertise that they are total blocks, seldom are: They only filter a portion of the sun's rays. For example, a factor 20 filters 20%, whilst allowing the other 80% reach the skin. The higher the SPF factor, the better the protection, but there is no perfect solution. I would recommend avoiding long sun exposure as much as possible. Initial exposure to UV does have a disinfecting and drying effect on greasy skin, but prolonged exposure will only aggrivate it. Be sensible, but do not let it ruin your holiday. Be sure to buy a high factor, non-greasy cream for your face.


Other answers from our experts...
Post-pregnancy sun allergy
UV & Pregnancy

Choose a topic :

Search 'Ask the Expert' using keywords :


Don't miss...
This Week's Eastenders SpoilersFamous Capricorns: Celebrities with Capricorn star sign
Inspirational Feminist Quotes: Empowering Quotes For WomenMulled Wine: The Top Recipes To Kick Start Christmas
Latest… 28/03/2017
Beauty News
Guides
Videos
This Peel-Off Lip Stain Trend Looks Both Satisfying & Disgusting All At Once
Tried & Tested: The Ultimate Red Lip
People Are Rubbing Their Bums In Glitter Because Instagram Says It's The Next Hottest Trend
People Are Now Using Bath Bombs As Highlighter *And Our Cheeks Are Weeping*
All Beauty news
The Complete Guide On How To Pick The Perfect Moisturiser For Your Skin Type
Everything You Need To Know About Getting Hair Extensions
Shea Perfection! Our Top Ten Uses For Shea Butter
The Best Makeup For Blue Eyes: How To Make Your Baby Blues Pop!
See all Beauty guides
Video: Fake tan - how to get a streak free tan
See all Beauty videos
 

Don't miss out!

...Join our newsletter
Get the sofeminine latest straight to your inbox
  OK
Find us on...