Isn't botox a poison, and if so, isn't it dangerous?
Botox is the commercial name for Botulinum Toxin A, so yes it is fair to call it a poison. It has been used safely since the early nineties to treat facial tics and sweat problems, and more recently has been adopted by the Beauty Industry as a method of smoothing lines. The side effects of botox treatment are both rare and minimal, thanks to the human body's acceptance of the chemical. However, it is known to react badly with certain antibiotics, so it is always recommended that you consult your doctor before undergoing treatment. Pregnant women and breast feeding mothers are also dissuaded from Botox use. For further information on the subject, read our guide 'Botox: The Pros & Cons'.