More than 83 per cent of people plan to use the Internet for their Christmas purchases to get the best deal, according to a survey by everydaysale.co.uk.
The study revealed that the recession is still impacting on consumer spending, with 80 per cent of Christmas budgets staying the same or reducing this year.
As a result, more people than ever will be using online vouchers and discounts to get the best deals. This has increased from a third in previous years to 53 per cent in 2009, indicating that consumers are becoming more web-savvy when shopping online.
But 30 per cent of respondents claimed that they don’t use online vouchers because they “can’t be bothered to look”.
Bonn Chen, CEO for everydaysale.co.uk, said, “It’s great to see that so many people are planning to shop online this Christmas. Budgets are still as tight as ever, and most people are now aware that many of the best deals can only be found on the Internet.”
He continued: “The fact that people cant be bothered to look for extra vouchers and discounts shows that consumer laziness is still rife. Often all it takes is five minutes to find online vouchers that can save people even more money. There’s no excuse really.”
We've found some online discount sites to get you started:
- Everydaysale.co.uk - has discount codes for Figleaves, mothercare, Very, Dorothy Perkins, Liberty, Yukka.co.uk, Boxfresh, treathim.com and treather.com (you can get all the latest deals by following Everydaysale.co.uk on Twitter: http://twitter.com/everydaysale)
- Myvouchercodes.co.uk - has discount codes for The White Company, Hotel Chocolat, Thorntons, The Body Shop, Tesco Direct, Barratts, Lom Bok, and Totally Gifts
- VoucherCodes.com - has discount codes for Boohoo.com, Next, Sainsburys, Debenhams and Marks & Spencer
- DiscountVouchers.co.uk - has discount codes for Miss Selfridge, House of Fraser, Lipsy, Red Letter Days, and Majestic Wines
- It's also worth keeping your eye on sites such as www.voucherhub.com, www.latestdiscountvouchers.co.uk and moneysavingexpert.com