The style solution... not so girlie
Smart casual is really easy for us girls because, if all else fails, we can resort to a good dress. But if you're not feeling so girlie and you live in jeans then smart casual for a conference becomes more of a challenge.
Remember that unless it specifically states no jeans and trainers, smart casual can include these items but they have to look smart... the clue's in the title.
For a not-so-girlie look team low-waisted dark jeans with smart plimsolls and a great a vest - the ultimate simple rock uniform. Spruce it up with a cardigan to tone down the 'rock star' vibe and give yourself a slightly serious air.
Literally anyone can wear skinny jeans - if you feel dumpy then just add some heels to lengthen the leg instead.
A waterfall cardigan will also add length to your body and elegantly cover bits you don't love so much.
- Beat stone Optic White Graphic swing vest - £20.00 (Sale Price) - Firetrap
- Waterfall Sparkle Cardigan - £14 - ASDA Direct
- DRKSHDW by Rick Owens Low-rise skinny jeans - £190 (Sale Price) - The Outnet
- Converse CTAS Slim Leather Ox - £49.95 - Shudoo
- ASH Pink Black Nappa Leather high heel Trainer - £145 - Coggles