The keys to healthy hair
Your friends use sofeminine, discover what they have read
A woman’s hair is her primary beauty weapon, and we all want silky, shiny, lustrous locks. Healthy hair equals beautiful hair...so here’s our guide to keeping yours shining with health all year round.
A woman’s hair is her primary beauty weapon, and we all want silky, shiny, lustrous locks.
- Start by wetting your hair thoroughly under the shower.
- Squirt a little shampoo into the palm of your hand and apply to your hair, massaging gently then leaving it in for a moment.
- Don’t shampoo twice: it only makes the scalp more sensitive.
- To restore, regenerate and improve your hair’s natural protective film, use conditioner, giving it time to take, and rinse properly. If you’re brave enough, finish your shower with a cold blast of water to tighten the cuticles and make your hair shinier.
- Let your hair dry naturally. If you blow-dry your hair, start off by towel-drying and then blow-dry on a moderate heat. Use brushes made of natural materials which are gentler on the capillary fibre in your hair.
Tips and advice
Healthy on the inside
Advice for specific hair types
If your hair is fragile (too greasy, dry or dull), it needs regular care and attention.
- Greasy hair
Greasy locks and scalps are caused by excess sebum.
Caring for greasy hair: To restore balance to greasy hair, you need to regulate its production of sebum and use gentle but deep caring treatment on your scalp. Use a caring lotion and massage it gently into the scalp.
- Dry hair
If hair doesn’t secrete enough sebum, the cuticles open and it becomes dry.
Caring for dry hair: Your hair needs moisture! Use a combination of moisturising shampoo and nourishing masks to care for dry hair, and brush regularly with a soft boar hair brush to help spread sebum evenly over all of your hair.
- Dull hair
When hair cuticles and follicles don’t reflect light properly, hair becomes dull.
Caring for dull hair: Rinse your hair regularly with a special product to restore its light and shine. And for guaranteed shine, add the juice of a lemon or a tablespoonful of ordinary white vinegar to your final rinse after washing.