Your friends use sofeminine, discover what they have read
Eating whipped cream feels like eating a fresh, soft, sweet cloud. It's a calorific bomb, but so good it's hard to resist! Whipped cream was first invented in 1660 by Vatel in the city of Chantilly in France.
Recipe for whipped cream
To make 500ml:
- 500ml single cream (up to 35% fat)
- 35g icing sugar
- An electric whisk (preferably multi-speed)
- A big bowl
- 1 hour before you start, put the whisks and bowl in the freezer. Place the cream in the highest part of the fridge, which is the coldest.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and add the icing sugar.
Start beating with the electric whisk, upping speed gradually every 30 seconds. Do not beat too long: the cream must be white in colour (when it starts to go yellow, it's starting to turn into butter!)
- When ready, either serve immediately or let the cream stand in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Do not take out until serving time.
7 tips for making whipped cream:
Use whipped cream:
- To garnish eclairs, puff pastires, other cakes and pastries
- As a base for fruit or chocolate mousse
- To make ice cream
- To make Bavarian cream
- To garnish charlottes
- On the side or to decorate bowls of ice cream, profiteroles, pies, tarts and chocolate puddings.
- Savoury: either plain or with herbs added, whipped cream goes with smoked salmon, artichoke hearts, cold roast beef and salads.
- Mix whipped cream with a mashed avocado to make avocado cream.
- Colour the whipped cream with ink of a cuttlefish and serve with carpaccio of scallops on toast or smoked salmon and eggs.
- Whipped cream with mascarpone: use 1 part mascarpone to 1.5 parts whipped cream and add sugar to taste.
- Whipped cream with chocolate: mix 500ml whipped cream with 200g cooled melted chocolate, carefully.
- Chocolate whipped cream: beat 250g melted chocolate with 200ml cream together until smooth, by placing the mixing bowl in a bain-marie or larger bowl filled with iced water.
More recipes :