Sofeminine's Usual Promotion and Competition Rules
Your friends use sofeminine, discover what they have read
SOFEMININE'S USUAL PROMOTION AND COMPETITION RULES
1. All promotions published on www.sofeminine.co.uk and www.aufeminin.com are subject to these rules (the “Usual Promotion Rules”). In the event of conflict between the Usual Promotion Rules and any specific rules published for a particular promotion (“Specific Rules”), then unless otherwise expressly stated these Usual Promotion Rules shall prevail. By participating in any promotion, you are deemed to accept these Usual Promotion Rules and any applicable Specific Rules, together with any terms and conditions of any relevant third party.
2. SOFEMININE.CO.UK LIMITED and auFeminin.com SA (together, referred to as “soFeminine") accept no liability for any promotion of a third party featured on www.sofeminine.co.uk or www.aufeminin.com, our websites, such third party being responsible for the fulfilment of that promotion. soFeminine accepts no responsibility or liability for any act or omission of the relevant third party promoter.
3. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the Specific Rules, promotions on our websites are restricted to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of soFeminine and the promoter, their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally connected to the relevant promotion. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request. Written parental/guardian consent is required where a promotion states that participants may be under the age of 18.
4. No purchase of any kind is necessary for free prize draws. Follow the directions and any Specific Rules for the relevant promotion as published on our websites.
5. Failure to claim a gift, prize or other promotional item by the time or in the manner specified for the particular promotion will make any claim invalid. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting/texting or emailing will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. No applications will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
6. Prizes, gifts and other promotional items are as described on our websites. Unless otherwise stated, holiday prizes will be for the winner only and will include return economy flights from a London airport and accommodation at a hotel and venue chosen by soFeminine. Insurance and travel to and from airports is excluded. Holiday winners are responsible for ensuring that they, and any person travelling with them, hold valid passports and any necessary visas and travel documentation for the trip in question. Winners/claimants of vehicle prizes must hold valid driving licences and relevant insurance prior to driving.
7. In the event of any dispute regarding the Usual Promotion Rules, the Specific Rules, conduct, results or any other matters relating to a soFeminine promotion, the decision of the Editors of soFeminine (the “Editors”) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Editors reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the Usual Promotion Rules, any Specific Rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on our websites, any game cards and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any of these Usual Promotion Rules or any Specific Rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond soFeminine's reasonable control.
8. A promotion, or specific game cards or promotional devices, may be declared as void by the Editors if game cards or promotional devices contain a printing error, or involve a production or distribution error, of any kind. Game cards or other promotional devices found to be mutilated, illegible, altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with in any way will also be declared void by the Editors. Photocopies will not be accepted. A promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the promotion appear on our websites.
9. In the event of there being more claims than prizes available in any category, and subject to the provisions of rules 7 and 8, the names of the valid claimants will go into a draw for those prizes (see 12 below).
10. Gifts, prizes and other promotional items are not transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Editors reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value. There is no cash alternative.
11. All entries (including but not limited to entries via game cards or other promotional devices) must be made available if requested for the checking or verification of any claim. Unless otherwise stated in any Specific Rules, promotion entries will not be returned you. Where relevant, you agree upon soFeminine's request to assign to soFeminine any and all rights subsisting in any entries you make to a promotion.
12. In relation to prize draws and competitions, the prize winner(s) will be chosen from all qualifying entries (i) by an independent judge chosen by soFeminine (who will not be employed by soFeminine, nor any competition’s promoter(s) and/or relevant intermediaries) or (ii) as otherwise stated otherwise in the Specific Rules. The prize winner(s) will be chosen within 28 days of the promotion closing date, or as specified in the Specific Rules. Tie-breakers will also be judged by an independent judge appointed by soFeminine.co.uk or as otherwise stated in the Specific Rules.
13. Winners will be notified within 28 days of the relevant closing date and names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to soFeminine.co.uk Promotions, 131-151 Great Titchfield Street, London, W1W 5BB up to one month after the closing date of the relevant promotion.
14. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and soFeminine reserves the right to use the names and locations of winners, their photographs, audio and/or visual recordings of them and any media submitted by them in relation to any soFeminine promotion in any publicity. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
15. Any information submitted by you relating to a promotion must be personal and related specifically to you. In entering a soFeminine competition or prize draw, you warrant that any information or material you submit to soFeminine.co.uk will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. soFeminine reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove such information.
17. soFeminine promotions are governed by English Law.
18. Please address all queries relating to soFeminine.co.uk Promotions, 131-151 Great Titchfield Street, London, W1W 5BB.
Work and Money Editor