TOWIE's Mario Falcone apologises for assaulting 11-year-old
The TOWIE star allegedly lost his temper earlier this month when he and fiancée Lucy Mecklenburgh were targeted by the lad and his mates close to their Essex home.
It's reported the young group were taunting Mario about Lucy cheating on him with Mark Wright - an issue the pair have been trying to overcome since the she tearfully confessed to it in an earlier series of TOWIE.
A source said: “Mario and Lucy were leaving their house when some comments were made about Lucy by a group of youths nearby who were making references to her ex Mark Wright.
“In the heat of the moment, Mario stormed over and grabbed one of them by the collar. It was a really stupid thing to do.“
The boy, who was 11 but looked older, went home and told his mum what had happened and she called the police."
Mario was arrested the next day and confessed to the crime. He was questioned and then released with a caution.
A spokesman for Mario said: “Although both he and Lucy were the subject of some very hostile and confrontational provocation from a group of males Mario deeply regrets reacting in the way he did.
“He has already apologised to the boy and his family and offered to meet with them.”
Essex Police have confirmed: “A man has been cautioned by police following an assault in Warley.
"Police were contacted shortly after 3.30pm on Friday, August 10, by the mother of a local 11-year-old boy who was attacked by a man on Crescent Road approximately 30 minutes earlier.
“Officers arrested a 24-year-old man at his nearby home address the following day and, following questioning, issued him with a police caution after he admitted to assaulting the boy.”