|Food & Drink|
|RecipesCooking with…DessertsDiet and healthy cookingWorld cuisineAll Articles|
Basic pancake batter recipe
Your friends use sofeminine, discover what they have read
makes 8 pancakes
Basic pancake batter method:
- Sift the flour through a sieve into a large bowl then make a well.
- Beat the egg in a teacup and pour it into the well.
- Combine the milk and water then, stirring constantly, slowly add it to the mix.
- Once all the liquid is combined beat until smooth.
Cooking pancake batter:
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a few drops of oil or a knob of butter (pour off any excess and reserve for re-lubricting the pan as it will dry out after each pancake).
- Pour a little batter into the pan and swirl so that the pacake batter coats the bottom.
- Cook until bubbles appear and the edge start to curl - 1-2minutes
- Loosen the edges and flip it over either using a fish-slice or spatula. You can also shake the pan and flip it over using just this but be careful!!
- The underside should be golden, if it's not you can always give it another flip when this side is cooked (1-2mins).
- Either serve immediately or pile the pancakes on to a warm plate with sheets of greaseproof paper in between each to prevent sticking.
- Keep your pancakes in the oven (on a very low setting) to warm and continue to make 8 pancakes in total.
More pancakes on sofeminine...
Food & Drink Editor