The best alcoholic fruit cocktail drink recipes ever
Who is your Mr Right?
> >
All articles

Women in Focus

Channel:  - Sub-channel:
Type:  - Sort by:
Your Choice Of Instagram Filter Can Reveal If You're Depressed
Instagram is typically used for pictures of your breakfast, cute kittens and #OOTDs, but a new study suggests that what filter you're using for your cliche Insta snaps can be an indication of whether you're showing signs of being depressed...
26/08/2016
#Mermaidthighs Is The Body-Positive Response To Thigh Gaps We've Been Crying Out For
Thigh gap, smigh gap. Women of the Internet rejoice! Thin thighs are out and thick thighs are in and it's the best Instagram news we've heard all summer. Females everywhere have reason to celebrate as we're no longer being judged on how much our thighs don't touch...
23/08/2016
'Does This Uterus Make Me Look Fat?' Why Women Need To Stop Obsessing Over Having A Flat Stomach
Although Instagram can provide hours of entertainment (I, for one, have scrolled more miles with my thumb in recent times than I've ran with my feet), mindless scrolling doesn't do your body confidence any good...
08/08/2016
Strong Is Sexy: Serena Williams Has An Inspiring Message About Body Shaming
Despite her exceptional sporting success and her incredible physique, Serena Williams is still often criticised for her athletic appearance. We know, go figure! But she's here to tell us that she would never change anything about her bod, cos strong sure is hella sexy when you're number one...
04/08/2016
Olympian Laura Trott Is Inspiring Girls Everywhere To Carry On Playing Sport #LikeAGirl
Women are always being told that to do something like a girl is to do something wrong. Well, Always are determined to change that ethos and, judging by their latest string of campaigns, they're succeeding...
22/07/2016
WATCH: Spice Girls' 'Wannabe' Gets A Powerful Feminist Makeover
It's hard to believe that the Spice Girls first appeared on our TV screens twenty years ago, making mischief and pulling tablecloths off tables in their video for Wannabe in 1996. But now in 2016 the tune is making a big comeback...
06/07/2016
This Woman's First-Bikini Photo Has Gone Viral For All The Right Reasons
Lesley Miller has battled body issues for the best part of her 21 years on this planet but she's given two fingers up to the unrealistic ideals society pressurises women into fitting and we could all learn a thing or two from her about feeling comfortable in our own skin...
16/06/2016
Meet The Tough Mums Who Are Proving Anything Is Possible
Battling cancer, losing a spouse and near-death experiences are challenges we pray we never have to overcome. But this group of truly inspirational women have proved anything is possible after successfully...
03/06/2016
Next Time You Compare Yourself To an Instagram Bod, Remember All Is Not As It Seems
​It’s no urban myth most social-media users facilitate various online platforms to promote an edited version of their everyday life. Not-so-humble brags clutter Instagram and Facebook feeds, with the ultimate goal of inducing as much #lifeenvy as possible...
18/05/2016
What It's Like Tackling Sex As A Victim Of FGM, From A Girl Who Knows All Too Well
The first time Mariya Karimjee had sex she was twenty-two and the experience was, by all accounts, a disaster. But not in the way that you or I may experience a first-time catastrophe: this wasn't about slippage...
11/05/2016
Women Are Sharing Their Earliest Experiences With Sexism Through The #WhenIWas Hashtag
It seems that sexism towards women is almost like some twisted rite of passage these days. Many of us have been experiencing sexism way before we were able to call it out on Twitter, but now women are...
20/04/2016
Workmates Have The Most Amazing Reaction When This Woman Comes Out As Transgender
After 19 years of marriage, Amanda Knox’s wife came out as transgender to her and their three children. And if that wasn’t scary enough, she then came out to her workmates, and they surprised her in the...
15/04/2016
There's Now A Ride-Sharing Service Hailed As 'The Uber Just For Women'
New ride-sharing service Chariot is set to be the first taxi company that features all-women drivers picking up female-only passengers. Michael Pelletz came up with the idea when working for popular ride-sharing company Uber, but the company is already in hot water before it's even started...
14/04/2016
Women Walk Out Of Church In Protest Against Priest's Support Of Abortion Ban
Women in Poland have been seen walking out of a church during a priest's reading of a letter that supports the plan to tighten up laws on abortion. Meanwhile, women's rights activists take to the streets...
04/04/2016
Prince Harry Makes A Passionate Speech For Women's Rights At The Nepal Girl Summit
Prince Harry has been in Nepal for the past few days visiting people who were displaced from their homes after the massive earthquake that happened in the area nearly a year ago. He spoke to people in shelters and stayed with a local family in the small mountain town of Leorani...
23/03/2016
Calvin Klein Under Fire For 'Sexist' Advertising Campaign
Calvin Klein have come under fire for their latest #mycalvins ad after it had been said that their main New York billboard seemed to perpetuate outdated gender stereotypes, which we're totally bored of RN...
22/03/2016
Caitlin Moran Wrote An Open Letter To The Troubled Young Girls She Meets At Book Signings
Caitlin Moran is an icon to many people, and no more so than young girls. At Letters Live last weekend, Caitlin read aloud an open letter she wrote addressed to these girls that she meets at her book signings, and watch out - it's a total tear jerker...
18/03/2016
Model Rejected By Agent Because Of Her Hips Becomes Face Of Global Lingerie Brand
Iskra Lawrence is a model with over 1 million Instagram followers, who celebrates her incredible curves and inspires fans everywhere with her undoctored images and the message to love your body. Since she told LadBible that she once rejected by an agent as her "hips were too big...
11/03/2016
Are The Female Emojis Sexist?
While carefully choosing which emoji best expresses your feelings at that exact moment, have you ever stopped to consider (before selecting the sassy hand girl of course), how limited the emojis are in representing women...
10/03/2016
WikiHow Taught Me How To Be A Good Feminist
Today is International Women's Day. It's a day to celebrate women, our achievements, and everything we stand for. It's about standing up for feminism. But what is feminism, what makes a feminist and how can I become one? I was about to find out, thanks to my good friend WikiHow...
08/03/2016
Search in Women in Focus:   OK
Only search for this type of content (News) :
Don't miss...
Christmas 2013: The best gift ideas for menCute & Tiny Tattoos: Instagram's Cutest Small Tats
Cara Delevingne Style File: Her Fashion HighlightsNext Week's Coronation Street Spoilers
Latest… 29/08/2016
Women in Focus News
Guides
Videos
Your Choice Of Instagram Filter Can Reveal If You're Depressed
#Mermaidthighs Is The Body-Positive Response To Thigh Gaps We've Been Crying Out For
'Does This Uterus Make Me Look Fat?' Why Women Need To Stop Obsessing Over Having A Flat Stomach
Strong Is Sexy: Serena Williams Has An Inspiring Message About Body Shaming
All Women in Focus news
Changing your name | How to change your name
Work for yourself - get your small business online
How to deal with redundancy
Registering and voting: everything you need to know
See all Women in Focus guides
Teaching kids about money
See all Women in Focus videos

Don't miss out!

...Join our newsletter
Get the sofeminine latest straight to your inbox