Who is your Mr Right?
Rice cakes for lunch? Try these tasty topping ideas
> >
All articles

Women in Focus

Channel:  - Sub-channel:
Type:  - Sort by:
Cannes Film Festival Makes Its Most Sexist Move Yet
With the Cannes Film Festival currently underway, many guests of the event are in uproar after word spread that numerous women attending were denied entry into the screening of "Carol" for wearing flats...
19/05/2015
The Sexist Hashtag #HowToSpotAFeminist Has Totally Backfired & It's Brilliant!
When Conservative radio host Doc Thompson created the hashtag #HowToSpotAFeminist he was unsurprisingly inundated with the stereotypical replies: fat, ugly man haters who refuse to shave their beards...
06/05/2015
Outfit Changes? And One Too Many Shots? 30 Stages Girls Go Through Before A Night Out
Dolling up, free flowing spirits and feeling like a superstar? There's a reason why we put more effort into getting ready for a girl's night out than the night out itself. All our tanning horrors and wardrobe dilemmas suddenly become totally worthwhile...
03/05/2015
Why Your Butt & Your Self-Esteem Need to Meet YouTube Star Cassey Ho
Beads of sweat are running down my face as I begin a set of single-leg bridges on the floor or my flat. One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful" is playing in the background, and the pain shooting through my thighs and glutes is unbearable...
18/03/2015
20 Things You Should Never Do In Your Thirties
Put an end to adolescence. You're all grown up now.
18/03/2015
A Letter To Mum: 23 Things We Have Our Mother's To Thank For
Dear Mum, thank you for putting up with our cruel adolescence, bad attitudes and emotional cascades. You are truly a woman of ALL and we cannot thank you enough. Girls I'm sure you can relate. Here are 16 things we have our mother's to thank for...
12/03/2015
10 Inspiring Women You May Not Know But Should Be Obsessed With
We thought we should give a shout out to women that are incredibly inspiring even though you may not recognise their name. Sure we respect the Sheryl Sandberg and Michelle Obamas of the world, but it's time to give some unsung heroes their time in the spotlight...
10/03/2015
Monday To Friday Feminism: How To F Up Your Week
In case you haven't noticed, the whole feminist movement is making a big comeback and that means it is time to clarify what being a feminist actually means, and how you can incorporate it into your daily routine...
09/03/2015
17 of the Most Amazing Things About Being a Woman
#Sorrynotsorry to all you gents out there, but being a female is kick-ass. There's really no debating it. We're mothers, leaders, CEOs, sisters, soldiers, caretakers, daughters, and everything else you could ever imagine...
08/03/2015
#GirlfriendGratitude: 11 Reasons To Be Thankful For Your Woman
Ladies, it’s International Women’s Day today so what better time to let your man know just how special you are to him? After all, you know guys aren't into all that mushy stuff. Show this to your BF and see if he agrees...
08/03/2015
This International Women's Day Support Women With The #TellHer Movement
Today is International Women's Day, which means there's no better day to appreciate the women around you. The theme of this year's International Women's Day is to "make it happen," to demand greater equality between men and women...
08/03/2015
7 Things We Want To See Change This IWD #makeithappen
In case you didn't know March 8th is a pretty big deal for women across the globe. It marks International Women's Day and an opportunity to both celebrate the achievements of women and make society address the issue of inequality against women front on...
06/03/2015
Girl Code: 13 Things Women Need to Stop Doing To Each Other
It’s hard out here for us ladies, we have to deal with our fair share of sh*t. But let’s face it girls, we don’t make it easy for ourselves, at times we can be our own worst enemies. We bitch about each other, we spread rumours and we are the harshest critics of other women...
06/03/2015
How To Nail Your First Week In Your New Job
Remember when your first day of school was the best day EVER because you finally got to see all your friends and show off the new pencil case you just bought? Well, the first week of work is basically nothing like that...
04/03/2015
6 Expert Tips Every Girl Needs To Know For How To Become An Entrepreneur
Being a successful entrepreneur is no easy feat, so we decided to ask an expert what it really takes to have a great idea and actually get it off the ground. Turns out it takes a lot of perseverance AND...
03/03/2015
22 Genius Ways to Style Your Desk Space: Home Office Decorating Ideas
Do you get excited the moment you see an ad for Homebase or walk past a Habitat? Yeah, same (and I'm unashamed!). While daydreaming about redecorating my home, I figured I'd start small. That meant it was time to spruce up my home office desk space! It's where I spend the most time after all...
25/02/2015
10 Inspirational Women To Follow On Instagram
As much fun as it is to follow the Kardashian family and their antics on Instagram, sometimes it's nice to get healthy dose of inspiration between all of the cleavage-filled selfies. Here are some of...
23/02/2015
What Is Trichotillomania? When Your Hair Obsession Gets Out of Hand
Last night around 11 p.m. I hung up the phone after a chat with my boyfriend and told myself to get ready for bed. About 15 minutes later, when my phone buzzed with a text, I realised that not only had I not moved from that same position on my bed...
23/02/2015
6 Expert Tips Every Girl Needs To Know On How To Become An Entrepreneur
Being a successful entrepreneur is no easy feat, so we decided to ask an expert what it really takes to have a great idea and actually get it off the ground. Turns out it takes a lot of perseverance AND...
02/02/2015
10 Reasons Why Everybody Needs To Live Abroad Once In Their Life
Some people are born with the wanderlust gene and some people aren't. Even if you find yourself in the latter category, there are plenty of reasons you should do something out of your comfort zone and live abroad at some point in your life...
22/01/2015
Search in Women in Focus:   OK
Only search for this type of content (News) :
Latest… 26/05/2015
Women in Focus News
Guides
Videos
Cannes Film Festival Makes Its Most Sexist Move Yet
The Sexist Hashtag #HowToSpotAFeminist Has Totally Backfired & It's Brilliant!
Outfit Changes? And One Too Many Shots? 30 Stages Girls Go Through Before A Night Out
All Women in Focus news
Changing your name | How to change your name
Getting a mortgage | a quick guide to getting a mortgage
Work for yourself - get your small business online
How to deal with redundancy
See all Women in Focus guides
Teaching kids about money
See all Women in Focus videos

Don't miss out!

...Join our newsletter
Get the sofeminine latest straight to your inbox
  OK