Exercise phobics will find spending an afternoon tending your garden highly preferable to a session of Body Combat at the gym. Trimming your hedge, pruning your shrubs and lugging the watering can around gives your muscles a fab workout. Gardening is a great way to get buff without even realising you're doing exercise, so if your once carefully-tended lawn and beds look more like a scene from The Jungle Book, get stuck in!
- Piling wood for 2h burns 720 kcal
- Digging for 1h burns 500 kcal
- Mowing the lawn for 30 min burns 300 Kcal
- Reading in a hammock for 3h burns 220 kcal
- Painting the fence for 1 1/2 h burns 450 Kcal
Tip: If you're having a mammoth gardening session, alternate heavy jobs like mowing and lugging wood around with lighter jobs like weeding so you don't end up with too many aches and pains!