Pinterest is an easy-to-use tool for getting a feel for what's out there and collecting ideas, it’s also somewhere you can gather things that you like (in the hope that one day you’ll eventually be able to afford them all!).
But more importantly, it’s a way that we can steal great style and lifestyle tips from those glamorous celebrities we adore.
From fashion designer Stella McCartney, to models Miranda Kerr and Heidi Klum, not to mention Hollywood actresses Jessica Alba and Vanessa Hudgens and Made In Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh – we’re constantly spying (and borrowing) A-list tips from our favourite female celebs.
Have a spy yourself and let us know which is your preferred pinner?
Pinterest Board: www.pinterest.com/stellamccartney
Stats: 35 Boards, 1,224 Pins, 22,586 Followers, 47 Following
- Stella McCartney has a massive 35 boards chock-full of images from her various collections and – our personal fave – Who’s Wearing Stella, which compiles pics of celebs spotted in the luxury brand.
- The most recent pin was of a tartan coat from Stella’s Winter ’13 collection that was spotted on the street.
- She created a Pinterest board dedicated to Halloween inspirations called “Stellaween”, which included scary cake-pops and glow in the dark ghost balloons.
Pinterest Board: www.pinterest.com/millsmackintosh
Stats: 3 Boards, 58 Pins, 7429 Followers, 28 Following
- The former Made In Chelsea star’s last pin was a vintage Revlon commercial in her Make Up board.
- In the lead up to her marriage to Professor Green, Millie started a Pinterest board dedicated to wedding hair inspiration.
- Her Style I Love board is jam-packed with images of Kate Moss, Sienna Miller and Rosie Huntington Whiteley.
Pinterest Board: www.pinterest.com/heidiklumonaol
Stats: 24 Boards, 1,164 Pins, 4,435 Followers, 15 Following
- Obviously she has to keep her body in tip top condition which is why she regularly pins to her Fitness And Nutrition board – the most recent was a link to some “Best fat burning moves.”
- Heidi follows pins from designer Michael Kors, but also the mother-of-four follows ToysRUs (probably handy around Christmas time).
- Although she looks after her body, she also loves her food with boards featuring her Favourite Recipes and Sweet Treats.
Pinterest Board: www.pinterest.com/MirandaKerr
Stats: 7 Boards, 62 Pins, 5,288 Followers, 20 Following
- To keep track of fashion finds, Miranda has a Wardrobe Wishlist, where she recently repinned a Belstaff top from fashion mag Harper’s Bazaar.
- Her boards include the motivating ‘Inspiration’ which features sayings and sunny skies.
- A hard worker, Miranda posts images from her photoshoots and runway appearances, as well as Behind The Scenes snaps from her hectic life.
Pinterest Board: www.pinterest.com/emmaroberts6
Stats: 6 Boards, 132 Pins, 26,204 Followers, 36 Following
- A recent pin was on her Quotes board, with an image of an inspirational key ring that read: “Make Your Luck.”
- Most commonly pins designer fashion items and catwalk looks, and has a particular penchant for Chanel (don’t we all?!).
- Adores iconic Hollywood actors and actresses, including Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Marilyn Monroe, Natalie Wood and Sharon Tate.
- Inspired by 90s Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Moss.
Pinterest Board: www.pinterest.com/vanessahudgens
Stats: 20 Boards, 522 Pins, 26,018 Followers, 28 Following
- As well as posting up motivational sayings on her Inspiration board, the actress posted an eye-catching image of red flowers in the shape of lungs, with the caption: “Breathe ”
- Vanessa explores her artistic side on her Art and Beautiful.Inspirational boards.
- From her pins on interior decorating, fashion and beauty it’s clear to see her boho chic style.
- She also has a Work Out! And #HeartSmart Tips pinboard featuring fitness exercises and motivational messages.
Pinterest Board: www.pinterest.com/jessicamalba
Stats: 25 Boards, 947 Pins, 99,543 Followers, 71 Following
- There’s no fashion on Jessica’s boards, but she’s clearly a fan of dressing up and her Costume Ideas board is chock-full of adorable costumes for kids.
- As a mum of two and founder of baby care brand The Honest Company, her pins are a great place to find delicious family-friendly recipes, DIY design tips, gift ideas and festive treats.
- Her Tasty Beverages board indicates that the actress is a big fan of wine and cocktails.
Pinterest Board: www.pinterest.com/aliciasilv
Stats: 24 Boards, 932 Pins, 49,331 Followers, 28 Following
- A long way from her ditzy, yet loveable Clueless character, Alicia’s pinboards focus on ethical fashions, eco inspiration and vegan recipe ideas.
- An avid user, she also loves to pin home decorating ideas, books she’s reading and cute animal pics.
- Oprah Winfrey is a fan and follows Alicia’s Pinterest boards
If you haven’t got a Pinterest yet but fancy getting involved too, here’s a guide to getting started:
Pin - A pin starts with an image or video you add to Pinterest. You can add a pin from a website using the Pin It bookmark or upload an image right from your computer. Any pin on Pinterest can be repinned, and all pins link back to their source.
Board - A board is where you organise your pins by topic. You could pin ideas for healthy dinners to your Recipes board or pin pics of your fashion icons to your Style board. Boards can be secret or public, and you can invite other people to pin with you on any of your boards.
Follow - When you follow someone, their pins show up in your Pinterest home feed. You can follow all of someone's boards or just the ones you like best. To manage who you're following, go to your profile and click Following.
Home Feed - Your home feed is a collection of pins from pinners and boards you follow. It's updated every time someone you follow adds a pin.
Some very simple advice is to pin things that truly interest and inspire you, not what you think you should be pinning. Pinterest is not about gaining likes and followers, but rather building yourself a bespoke online scrapbook, available at the touch of a button either at your desk or on the go.
Who is your favourite famous Pinterest person? Tweet us @SofeminineUK! and don't forget to check out the Sofeminine Pinterest board!