1. Send Me On My Way – Matilda
This is one song you HAVE to listen to whilst making pancakes, Matilda style.
2. Afternoon Delight – Anchorman
The Anchorman boys make this tune a beautiful barbershop quartet, and we love it.
3. You Make My Dreams Come True – (500) Days of Summer
(500) Days of Summer soundtrack is awesome, but the one that sticks in our mind has to the dance routine to You Make My Dreams Come True. Twist and shout!
4. I’ve Had The Time Of My Life – Dirty Dancing
Naturally I’ve Had The Time Of My Life will always be associated with Patrick Swayze and ‘the lift’, and that’s okay. No one puts baby in the corner.
5. Don’t You (Forget About Me) – The Breakfast Club
How can you listen to this song without seeing Bender punch the air?! The eighties cult classic owns this song.
6. My Baby Shot Me Down – Kill Bill
Although David Guetta has recently taken this Cher song from the sixties and remixed it, we will always associate it with the bloody beginning of Kill Bill.
7. Don’t Stop Me Now – Shaun of the Dead
What do you do when Don’t Stop Me Now comes onto the jukebox whilst you are in the midst of flesh craving zombies? Incorporate it, that’s what! We will never be able to listen to this song again without imagining rhythmically bludgeoning zombies with a snooker cue.
8. Just The Two Of Us – Austin Powers
Just the Two Of Us isn’t about romance. It’s about an evil villain and his duplicate dwarf creating a dastardly bond.
9. Misirlou – Pulp Fiction
This song has come on and all of a sudden you’re up doing the twist? What is happening?!
10. I Say A Little Prayer for You – My Best Friends Wedding
It’s just not worth listening to I Say A Little Prayer For You unless it is accompanied with dancing waiter lobsters, twins in stupid hats and a Rupert Everitt in his flamboyant prime.
11. Aint No Sunshine When She’s Gone – Notting Hill
Poor Hugh Grant has just lost the love of his life and wanders aimlessly through the seasons in Notting Hill as life goes on around him, making Ain’t No Sunshine possibly the most depressing song ever.
12. Where Is My Mind – Fight Club
Well, the title of the song pretty much sums up Ed Norton’s deranged character perfectly, and we can’t listen to this without seeing buildings exploding one by one…
13. Dude Looks Like A Lady – Mrs Doubtfire
Dude looks like a lady will always remind us of Mrs Doubtfire. Namely because Robin Williams is a dude who disguises himself to look like a lady. It just makes sense.
14. Unchained Melody – Ghost
You can’t think of Unchained Melody and not think of Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore making mad pottery together. You just can’t.
15. I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing – Armageddon
We’re not sure how this romantic tune relates to drillers trying to get rid of a giant meteor headed for earth, but we will always put the song and the film hand in hand!
What sounds automatically make you think of the movie it featured in? Tweet us @sofeminineUK