Everyone's talking about the new Royal Baby news (don't worry George you're still cute). But monarch or not, there's a standard hardship every second born has to go through.
Here's 16 things every second born knows to be true. Although if we could choose to have anyone as our older, wiser successor it would be Prince George. Obvs.
1. The 'baby' comments
When your mum gets emotional and says 'you'll always be her baby'. Pretty sure you tried to deny it between the ages of 11-16 but whatever.
2. That time you dedicated a whole afternoon to going through your baby album
Didn't take very long did it?
3. The less than imaginative birthday cakes
Your older sister celebrated with magnificent marzipan Disney princess castle cakes. You got Colin the pigging caterpillar.
4. Mum can never get your name right first time
Even if yours is WAY easier to remember.
5. The first time round your mum and dad were on it
Organic food, extra sensitive bath bubbles, handmade toys & potty training for the first child. Us? We just got to crap in a nappy until college.
6. You're constantly competing for your parents' love and attention
Handstands and cartwheels were a personal fave.
7. You're always to blame
It doesn't matter who actually started the fight, in your parents' eyes it's always you.
8. Hand me downs
Yep, that's all you'll ever know for the first 10 years of your life.
9. Nothing gave you more satisfaction than rummaging through your older sibling's room
Until they came home, found you and dragged you across the carpet for an hour.
10. You have to live with the constant comparisons
Well your sister/brother was walking at 9 months old blah blah blah.
11. You'll never live up to their expectations
Because whatever you do and however well you do it, it's not quite like their precious swaddled first born. Shutttt up.
12. The endless fear
That your stronger sibling would in fact kill you in a fight and cover it up.
13. When you went to the same primary school
But your sibling avoided you like the plague until they had to have a joint photo with you and the photographer made you act like you loved each other. Sweet revenge!
14. You were always the guinea pig
You were subject to much abuse and experimenting. Like the time the first born picked you up by your head and delivered you to your horrified mother in the kitchen. Just me?
15. You can never be original
If you've done something cool it's obviously because you copied your older, cooler sib.
16. On the plus side by the time they got round to us, mum and dad had well and truly given up on trying to tame their brood
So thanks for taking a bullet for us and teaching them that those crazy ass parenting techniques were never gonna work out second time round.
Are you a second born? Share the hardship @sofeminineUK
You might also like: