1. When Harry sees how his parents were murdered
In The Goblet of Fire, Mad Eye Moody shows them the killing curse, which was used on Harry's parents...
"So that was how his parents had died. . . exactly like that spider. Had they been unblemished and unmarked too? Had they simply seen the flash of green light and heard the rush of speeding death, before life was wiped from their bodies?"
2. When Hermione realised that no one likes her
She cried in the bathroom and was attacked by a troll because of what you said Ron! FFS RON!
3. When Harry is forced to write lines in his own blood
"Harry left her office without a word. The school was quite deserted; it was surely past midnight. He walked slowly up the corridor then, when he had turned the corner and was sure that she would not hear him, broke into a run."
4. When Ron couldn’t afford anything from the train and didn’t want Harry paying for him
"On second thought, just the droobles."
5. When Harry has a breakdown after Sirius died
“I DON’T CARE!” Harry yelled at them, snatching up a lunascope and throwing it into the fireplace. “I’VE HAD ENOUGH, I’VE SEEN ENOUGH, I WANT OUT, I WANT IT TO END, I DON’T CARE ANYMORE —”
6. When Draco calls Hermione a mudblood
7. When Ron abandons Harry and Hermione
Hermione's face says it all. Sob sob.
8. When Snape finds Lily dead
9. When Harry refuses to let go of Cedric after bringing his body back from the graveyard
"He wanted me to bring him back," Harry muttered - it seemed important to explain this. "He wanted me to bring him back to his parents. ..."
"That's right. Harry . . . just let go now. . . ."
10. When Ron was forced to hear a fake Harry and Hermione say everything he secretly feared
"Who could look at you, who would ever look at you, beside Harry Potter? What have you ever done, compared with the Chosen One? What are you, compared with the Boy Who Lived?"
11. When Harry sees his family in the Mirror of Erised
He was such an unloved child! SOMEONE HOLD HIM.
12. When Molly hugs Harry after Cedric's death
"Mrs. Weasley set the potion down on the bedside cabinet, bent down, and put her arms around Harry. He had no memory of ever being hugged like this, as though by a mother.
The full weight of everything he had seen that night seemed to fall in upon him as Mrs. Weasley held him to her. His mother's face, his father's voice, the sight of Cedric, dead on the ground all started spinning in his head until he could hardly bear it, until he was screwing up h is face against the howl of misery fighting to get out of him."
13. When Molly is trying to get rid of the boggart that looks like her children, dead
'“No!” Mrs. Weasley moaned. “No . . . riddikulus! Riddikulus! RIDDIKULUS!”
Crack. Dead twins. Crack. Dead Percy. Crack. Dead Harry . . .'
14. When Lupin and Tonks died, leaving their baby an orphan
Damn it you two, you had a newborn! You had no business being in that battle! *Sobs hysterically*
15. When Harry sees his father attacking Snape and realises he wasn’t the man he thought
'What was making Harry feel so horrified and unhappy was not being shouted at or having jars thrown at him — it was that he knew how it felt to be humiliated in the middle of a circle of onlookers, knew exactly how Snape had felt as his father had taunted him, and that judging from what he had just seen, his father had been every bit as arrogant as Snape had always told him.'
16. When Harry, Ron and Hermione unwittingly see Neville visit his parents who have been tortured into insanity
This is arguably sadder than Harry's backstory. Poor old Neville.
17. When Ron was screaming for Hermione as she was being tortured
"Hermione’s screams echoed off the walls upstairs, Ron was half sobbing as he pounded the walls with his fists, and Harry in utter desperation seized Hagrid’s pouch from around his neck and groped inside it."
18. When Harry broke up with Ginny for her protection
"She did not cry, she simply looked at him."
19. When Lupin holds Harry back as Sirius fell through the veil
OH GOD LUPIN'S LAST BEST FRIEND AND HARRY'S GODFATHER AHHH.
20. When Fleur declares she’s going to marry Bill despite his werewolf attack
'“You thought I would not weesh to marry him? Or per’aps, you hoped?” said Fleur, her nostrils flaring. “What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave!"'
21. When Professor Umbridge fires Trelawney
This courtyard scene was way, WAY too hard to watch.
22. When you realise this is the only time Fred and George will grow old together
All of the nopes.
What do you think is the saddest Harry Potter moment?! Tweet us @sofeminineUK
You might like...
20 Things We’ve Learned About Harry Potter Since The Series Finished
16 Words That Mean Something Totally Different To Harry Potter Fans
Amazing Harry Potter Fan Revelations That Will Make You Rethink Everything