1. Ruby Rose's introduction on gender fluidity set Twitter alight
2. Ed Sheeran was all about the innuendos
Seriously, get that guy on Loose Women.
3. Ellie Goulding has orange hair
We saw Ellie Goulding with orange hair so we got orange hair.
4. Jason Derulo performed 'Want You To Want Me' entirely on a hoverboard
Which is no easy feat, as we at SoFem know.
5. Rihanna won the award for Best Female
Despite not having released an album since 2012.... I mean, she wasn't even there! Give the others a chance Rhi Rhi for crying out loud!
6. Justin Bieber's back!
He won five out of the six awards he was nominated for. Which is amazing. He's so ready to take over the world for the second time.
7. Ed Sheeran was actually funny
He has an actual aptitude for comedy, which is such a relief because it prevented the whole presenting thing from being another awkward bunch of moments we have to change the channel from.
8. Fifth Harmony performed on the red carpet
Which was a surprise for everyone who thought they were just going to be walking the carpet like everyone else. Oh hell no! Sass everywhere!
9. Ed Sheeran really wanted Mark Ronson to drink some of his gin
Ed Sheeran was all of us at a house party trying to get everyone to try the new cocktail that we've just invented
10. .... Which was fine because Ed seemed pretty drunk
Ed had a drink in his hand literally all the time, which probably led him to say this. Gins for everybody!
10. Jason Derulo was just smoking a cigar and drinking whisky on the red carpet
Let's leave those kind of antics to Kanye, shall we Derulo?
11. Ruby Rose totally copied Justin Bieber's outfit, and he was not OK with it
This is why everyone should call each other to discuss outfits before hand!
12. Ruby Rose had a flame thrower
For absolutely no reason at all. Still, Ruby Rose is a goddess in our eyes - she can do what she wants.
13. Which left Ed with the glitter cannon
Which actually looked way more vicious than the flame thrower. It scared the socks off of poor Ed.
14. Novak Djokovic was there for some reason...
It didn't even matter that he seemed a little out of place because people were fangirling all over him anyway.
15. Pharell Williams wore dungarees
And a cute little hat. He looked like a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins. I mean, it was no giant hat moment but we certainly still enjoyed it.
16. Tori Kelly and Andrea Bocelli killed it
It was only natural that one of Italy's greatest singing talents performed at the EMAs in his native country. But with pop singer Tori Kelly? Like Nutella and peanut butter, it was a weird combo, but it just worked. Kelly sung her new single Should've Been Us as well as mashing it up with TLC's Scrubs.
What was your favourite bit of the EMAs? Let us know! @sofeminineUK
You might also like...