There comes a time in our lives when we reach that age when EVERYONE we know is getting hitched, and that means a whole lotta weddings. And hen dos. Almost every weekend. But these constant PDA's and gushy declarations of love can all get a bit much when you're a single pringle sat round a table full of coupled up guests you barely know. And it doesn't stop there, from finding the perfect wedding outfit to trying and failing to dodge that bouquet moment, here's all the struggles us single gals go through on someone else's big day.
1. Having to dodge the 'are you bringing anyone?' question when it comes to the RSVP
Er, no we're not. We're flying solo. Soz if that messes up the table plan.
2. The long and arduous process of finding the perfect outfit that ticks ALL the boxes...
You can’t show too much flesh if you’re going to the day ceremony, no white, no ivory, if it's too long then you run the risk of looking like a bridesmaid... GAH.
3. ...and remembering the golden rule: Your outfit can NEVER upstage the bride
She's gotta be the centre of attention, but you wanna pull too. Ah the decisions.
4. WHAT ABOUT THE SHOES THOUGH??
Heels look amazing but flats feel amazing. Help a girl out a put flip flops by the dance floor would you?
5. Other guests point to the happy couple and say to you: 'that'll be you next' but if you roll your eyes anymore you fear they may get stuck there
6. You get pushed to the front of the crowd to give you a good chance of catching the bouquet
7. ...But then everyone looks at you in pity when you don't catch it
P.E was never our strong point, okay?
8. At a family do, having to dance with your drunk uncle cos you’re the only one without a dance partner
Just cos it's a wedding does not make those questionable shapes on the dance floor acceptable.
9. Having to sit alone at the tables, as everyone is coupled up
10. ...And then having to make small talk with the strangers sat at your table
'Soo... do you know when they're cutting the cake?'
11. Waiting for the food feels like waiting for Christmas
It's common knowledge that it's the best part of the day after all.
12. You assume you'll meet loads of hot potential bfs...
13. ...But of course expectations never match the movies so you just end up getting wasted
14. When the slushy slow tunes come on everyone grabs their nearest and dearest so you just head for the cheese tower
15. Being used as an extra photographer and having to capture 'natural' moments with the disposable cameras on your table
At least you're well practiced from all the pre- night out 'photoshoots'
16. Finding an alternative when the bar tab runs out
Do you think they'd notice if I snuck in a bottle?
17. Trying to find an appropriate time to leave: too early and you look like you're not having fun, too late and you have to help tidy up everything
What's your biggest wedding struggle? Let us know @SofeminineUK!
You Might Also Like: