1. You try to pay the Iron Price for things
Then you demand a trial by combat when you're arrested. Obviously.
2. You've substituted swearing for ‘Seven Hells!’
That, and Jaime's epic: "Has anyone ever told you you're as boring as you are ugly?" are both top scorers in getting your point across.
3. You’re truly looking forward to celebrating your next name day
Though don't kill a man. 'Tis bad luck.
4. You consider ‘Valar Morghulis’ to be an acceptable method of greeting
And if they respond with 'Valar Dohaeris' you'll know they are feeling the keen loss of Game of Thrones just as badly as you are!
5. You spend your time poring over any details you can lay your hands on
Inside HBO’s Game of Thrones: Seasons 3 & 4 is a good start. We need details. Copious details.
6. You spend most of the time learning the history of Westeros rather than actual history
We couldn't tell you the names of every British King and Queen, but we could tell you all about the line of succession in GoT, no problem.
7. You begin to rate things differently
We've paid the iron price for some of our mistakes...
8. When you refer to redheads as ‘kissed by fire’
It's much nicer than being called ginger anyway!
9. When you patronise your friends with: “oh my sweet Summer child”
What do they know about winter? They know nothing (Jon Snow) etc etc.
10. You’re constantly on edge that your favourite character in anything will be snatched from you
Game of Thrones has officially made it so no character in anything is safe anymore. Thanks, George RR Martin.
11. If you swear on anything, it’s ‘to the old gods, and the new’
Unless you're one of those Lord of Light hippies. In which place GTFO.
12. When you say any statement and follow it with ‘it is known’
It is known that you do this.
13. You need to win at EVERYTHING
In the game of Connect 4 you win or you die. There is no middle ground.
14. When you have an animal named after one of the Stark pets
Or a couple of hamsters. Or goldfish. Either way, if at least one isn't called Ghost, you've failed as a fan.
15. When no one dies at a wedding and you feel cheated
Watching your great Aunt get hammered and the married couple dance to Adele was NOT your idea of what happened at a wedding. Not a single member of that band has a crossbow!
16. You get excited for cold weather just so you can say ‘Winter is coming’
We can't avoid the John Lewis advert forever. Winter is coming.
17. If you can’t eat lemon cakes with thinking about how much Sansa would love them
Girl can eat some lemon cakes.
18. You start trying to warg into animals
Keep staring at your pet spaniel, it'll happen eventually...
19. When you shamelessly sing the Rains of Castamere
Bonus points if you know all the words!
You might like...