Not gonna lie, we've got ALL the feels after watching Lemonade. More than once. We feel empowered, inspired, confused, overwhelmed - Bey is well and truly back with a bang. And like her self-titled album before it, she's made one hell of an impact this time too, in a way that only Queen Bey can. Lemonade has left us all thinking if Jay can cheat on Bey, where's the hope for the rest of us?!
The stunning visual art film which runs alongside the soundtrack of new album 'Lemonade', takes inspo from a whole number of important references, including race, religion and black culture. It celebrates strong women and solidarity - not to mention some bad ass cameos from successful black figures, including Zendaya and Serena Williams. We LOVE.
But one theme we totally didn't expect from the hour long treat, was infidelity, and there's a truck load of it referencing Jay Z's alleged affair with 'Becky with the good hair'. Does this explain THAT debacle with Solange in the lift then? Eek! I mean, call us out if we're being dramatic here, but watching Lemonade was like riding a rollercoaster of emotion - and we've made a list to prove it.
It let us witness all the different feels Bey felt from 'Emptyness' to 'Anger' to finally 'Forgiveness'. Was she drawing on personal experience? Has Jay Z finally found his 100th problem? Maybe we'll never know for sure, but in the meantime, here's all the thoughts we had while watching the hour long masterpiece (#BestHourOfOurLives).
1. These lyrics are so touching. Bey, if you could clarify whether this is about Jay that would be great
'I can taste the dishonesty, it's all over your breath as you pass it off so cavalier. But even that's a test. I pray to catch you whispering..'
2. Don't do it, Don't jump! This is like a scene out of Batman
3. We wanna be a mermaid too. Is there anything this woman can't do?
4. She's so perfect - even after all the salty tears her make up hasn't run
5. OH MY GOD. ALL HAIL QUEEN BEY.
6. "Can't you see there's no other man above you, what a wicked way to treat the girl who loves you..." JAY, I think you'll find the lyrics you sang before about problems and b*tches are positively untrue
7. Wait, is that a baseball bat?
8. Remind me again never to mess with Beyonce
9. I wonder if those are Jay's cars she's crushing in that monster truck...
10. Interesting point there: What is worse - looking jealous or crazy?
11. Fur coat? check. Spanx body suit? Check. Gravity defying cleavage? Double check. Is Bey taking style inspo from Kim Kardashian here? Or is it a dig at Kim K? So. Many. Questions.
12. 'You ain't married to no average bitch boy,' hells no he ain't, listen up Jay
13. Wow. Yep. She is HELLA angry
14. So that explains why Solange went in on Jay in the lift. It all makes sense now!
15. Serena Williams your twerk game is on point
16. Must. Do. Squats
17. This is the ultimate girl power anthem. Bey's right, I am too good for f**k boy
18. WHO THE EFF IS BECKY WITH THE GOOD HAIR???
19. Ooh-er this is a bit NSFW. Is it just us or is it getting hot in here?
'Orgasm heightened. Nipple in his mouth.'
20. Aw, young Bey looks the spit of Blue Ivy
21. She hasn't even got a crow's foot singular let alone crow's feet plural. She really is perfect. Next stop, a how to do Lemonade makeup tutorial thank you please
22. Wait, is that Jay-Z MASSAGING her ankles? So many feels. I think I can even feel my belly button without touching it. It's both weird and exciting
23. I wish I could sing like that. Actually, I wish I could sing period
24. Winnie Harlow is super gorgeous
25. I always knew matching tattoos were cute. And THAT DRESS
26. *Google history* yellow freakum dress, yellow salsa dress, dress that shakes everywhere when you walk, god damn Google do your job and deliver results for marigold ruffled goals will you
27. Someone grab us the Kleenex, stat!
What did you think of Beyonce's Lemonade? Let us know @SofeminineUK!
You Might Also Like: