If shopping is a sport, consider sample sales the Super Bowl of it all. It's where only the elite are privileged enough to attend and survive. We're not even exaggerating. Sh*t gets crazy.
Here's how it all goes down at sample sales.
1. First the date is announced and you're all like...
2. Then you start daydreaming about all the goodies...
Not to mention all the compliments you're going to get.
3. And of course you'll be like
"Oh, this old thing?"
4. Then you snap back to reality
Because it's time to get down to business.
5. So you begin to desperately strategise
How are you going to get out of work? How much money will you spend? Do you go for shoes or clothes first?
6. Now it's time to round up the girls
What's a sample sale without partners in crime?
7. The designers continue to entice you
Pretty much a personal invite, so now you have to be there.
8. It's game day, baby!
You're up at the crack of dawn (that's if you were even able to get some sleep).
9. You arrive and see how long the frickin' line is
And it's only 6 a.m. WTF?!
10. You begin asking yourself if it's worth it
But OF COURSE it is. The smell of expensive clothes bought on the cheap is just...everything.
11. Suddenly you're bonding with strangers
Clothes are awesome. Sales are even more awesome. Everyone is happy until...
12. ...Some random woman queue jumps
13. Then she turns around like...
14. So finally the doors open...
...and MADNESS ensues.
15. Bonds are broken
It's every woman for herself.
16. You spot the item you've been coveting
You zoom on over only to realise..
17. ...It's not your size
Then you literally feel a part of your soul die.
18. Getting undressed in the middle of the room
Public nudity? Sure, why not? Soon everyone is scrambling to see if clothes fit.
19. Fighting for what's yours
Okay, so you finally found something you like AND it fits. Did they really think you would give it up THAT easily? Tuh!
20. Envying the show-off
You know, the chick that's buying ALL the good stuff in EVERY size, leaving nothing for us peasants who have been dreaming of this day for months. Bye, girl!
21. The feeling of sweet, sweet victory
You're low on cash but high on fashion. So worth it.
22. Tweeting & Instagramming your spoils
And pretending like you didn't almost die to get 'em. "LOL, today was fun "
23. But all's well that ends well...
Can you relate to any of these stages? How are you preparing for sample sale season? Tweet us @sofeminineUK
Enjoyed that? You might also like: