There's not many hairstyles that serve for festivals, weekends, dinner dates and everything in between but the fishtail plait delivers for every occasion.
The Saturday's singer Rochelle Humes rocked the red carpet with her modern mermaid style at the One Direction: This Is Us premiere.
Teasing her newly lightened tresses into a chunky side braid with plenty of baggy brilliance, the sexy songstress gave us all a reason to get re-acquainted with our braidy days.
It's been a hot hair trend year after year and it's showing no signs of slipping through our fingers just yet so why not get plaiting your locks a la Miss Humes?
Follow our step by step guide on how to do a fishtail plait:
1. Divide your hair into a side parting and take the whole length of your hair over to one side.
2. Begin by splitting the hair into two sections.
3. Take a small piece of hair from the outside of one of the two main sections and bring it to the inside of the opposite section.
4. Then take a small piece of hair from the outside of the other section and bring it to the inside of the opposite section, then pull tight.
5. Keep taking small pieces from each side into the inside of each section to develop the inverted braided pattern.
6. Keep going until you reach the end and finish by tying the hair with a clear elastic band.
7. Fishtail braids look best with a slept-in look so tease the braid by pulling out some strands for a more textured look.
Have you tried and tested Rochelle's fishtail plait? Tweet us @sofeminineuk we'd love to see the pics!