Effortless and elegant, Emma’s premiere perfect locks took centre stage and now we want to get the down low on her Great Gatsby ‘do.
This dainty do will draw attention to your décolletage and give your tresses the retro treatment in a matter of minutes.
As with any updo the key is in the styling.
How to do a sleek faux bob:
1. Begin by blow-drying your hair with a round brush to create volume alternatively use heated rollers and brush out the curls for the Hollywood effect. (A bit of sea salt spray never goes a miss either).
2. Now to create the illusion. Part your hair slightly over one side for a swept-over romantic style and tuck your hair underneath.
3. Secure the hair with bobby pins at the nape of your neck.
4. Smooth your hair back behind your ears, secure with a large hair pin and hold in place with hairspray.
5. Finish off the faux bob with some shine spray and you’re ready for your dinner date with Leonardo Dicaprio.
How to do a curly faux bob:
Emma wears her FOB behind her ears, but for a softer finish let the hair fall loose to create the bob shape rather than tucking and pinning away from the face.
If sleek and straight isn’t your thing Ben Cooke, co-founder of A-List hair salon Lockonego, has got some top advice on how to achieve a curly faux bob:
"One dry start by curling one inch sections of hair with a medium sized curling tong – this will give the hair some movement. Once the hair is completely curled, take a clear elastic band and tie the hair at the point you’d like the bob to sit at.
“Roll the hair under the elastic and tuck toward the nape of the neck, securing in place with some bobby pins. Then begin to spread the hair evenly out round the head in a horizontal direction creating your bob.
“Leave the sides of hair to naturally fall out to further create the illusion of the bob. Finish with a misting of Sebastian Professional Zero Gravity Hairspray and you’re good to go!”
We'll take faking it over the hair-cut blues any day.
With thanks to Ben Cooke at Lockonego