Since the release of the Great Gatsby the 1920s fever has really hotted up. From spangly headbands to feathers and head scarves, making the most of your barnet with a nod to the 20s has never been more en vogue. And it's not just Carey Mulligan who looks great with finger waves. The A-list can't resist some retro Hollywood glam and are always rocking vintage inspired do's for red carpet events.
From Dita Von Teese's signature finger waves to Nicole Ritchie's cute pin curls, January Jones' pristine waves and beyond, there's a fair few celeb beauties to take finger wave inspiration from. Just look at this lovely lot:
To get finger waving, we spoke to leading celebrity hair stylist, Jonathan Long co-founder of Chelsea salon, Lockonego to find out how to create finger waves. Luckily his step-by-step guide is super easy to follow.
Dry hair method: Finger waves
1. Begin by washing the hair to ensure it looks healthy and hydrated.
2. Use a fine tooth comb to create a deep side-parting (choose whichever side suits you best) and blow dry the hair.
3. When the hair is completely dry split it into several sections and take a small curling tong, curling the hair in one direction facing forwards.
4. Once the whole head is done, brush out the curls to transform them into loose waves.
5. Finish with a pump of smoothing serum through the ends of the hair and a mist of hairspray.
Wet hair method: Finger waves
Some stylists swear by a damp hair method to achieve this classic retro hair do, so there's no harm in trying finger waves with damp hair - either option will give you gorgeous vintage-looking locks.
We love this cute tutorial on finger waves - they make it look so easy!
Got any tips on creating flawless finger waves? Then tweet us @sofeminineuk